*Be sure to refresh to get the newest tip! And be sure to like us on Facebook!
It’s tax time and so I have taxes on the mind. More specifically, tax write-offs…and a little advice on a few things that can potentially be written off as a yoga instructor.
1. Yoga classes, trainings and workshops: help you with your career development.
2. Home yoga studio: if you teach in it, it’s a home office.
3. Music downloaded for your yoga classes…and the iPod you play it on.
4. Mileage: driven from class to class, client to client.
5. Phone/internet: as a percentage of business vs. personal use.
6. Liability insurance: a work necessity.
7. Yoga Alliance registry or other professional associations.
8. Yoga mats, blocks, straps or other props.
9. Gifts for your clients (not to exceed $35 each).
10. And possibly even that closet of lululemon outfits you spent your whole paycheck on…it’s your work uniform.
Of course, I am not a tax professional. Please talk to your accountant or tax advisor before writing anything off…and happy tax season! Ugh!
And that’s the mini yogis minute tip of the week. Check back every week to learn something new!
Have a question for the mini yogis minute? Click here to email us and we will answer you right away.